drill-dev mailing list archives

From Kunal Khatua <kkha...@mapr.com>
Subject RE: Drill test cases failures after a fresh clone
Date Fri, 23 Jun 2017 17:51:02 GMT
Have you been able to run the maven tests successfully before? Especially on the parent commit
on which your PR is based?

Ideally, if the repo is directly from github, the tests should run.

It could also be environment settings. Here is what I have:

Maven Details:
Apache Maven 3.3.1 (cab6659f9874fa96462afef40fcf6bc033d58c1c; 2015-03-13T13:10:27-07:00)
Maven home: /usr/local/maven/apache-maven-3.3.1
Java home: /usr/java/jdk1.7.0_45/jre
OS name: "linux", version: "2.6.32-358.el6.x86_64", arch: "amd64", family: "unix"

Java Version:
java version "1.7.0_45"
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 24.45-b08, mixed mode)

JAVA_HOME:
/usr/java/jdk1.7.0_45/

-----Original Message-----
From: Muhammad Gelbana [mailto:m.gelbana@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, June 23, 2017 4:36 AM
To: dev@drill.apache.org
Subject: Drill test cases failures after a fresh clone

I intend to create a pull request, so I forked Drill on github and cloned the repository locally
on my machine.

I built the project by running
*mvn clean install -DskipTests*

Then I tried running the tests by running *mvn clean install*

Then I started facing test failures. The first time, the following tests
failed:

Tests in error:

> TestClassTransformation.testJDKClassCompiler:73->compilationInnerClass
> :118
> »  ...
>   TestClassTransformation.testCompilationNoDebug:88 »  test timed out
> after 5000...
> *  TestCastFunctions.testToDateForTimeStamp:79 »  at position 0 column
> '`col`' mi...*
>   TestNewMathFunctions.testTrigoMathFunc:111->runTest:85 »
> ExecutionSetup Failur...
> *  TestNewDateFunctions.testIsDate:61 »  After matching 0 records, did
> not find e...*

I thought to run the tests again because I found a test case failing due to a timeout, so
after the second run, the following tests failed *again*:

Tests in error:
> *  TestCastFunctions.testToDateForTimeStamp:79 »  at position 0 column
> '`col`' mi...*
> *  TestNewDateFunctions.testIsDate:61 »  After matching 0 records, did
> not find e...*

Running tests take around half an hour and I was wondering if there is something I need to
setup or configure before I can run the tests and get 100% success rate since I haven't modified
anything yet.

*Muhammad Gelbana*
http://www.linkedin.com/in/mgelbana