drill-dev mailing list archives

From Hanumath Rao Maduri <hanu....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem of adding support for CROSS JOIN syntax
Date Thu, 27 Sep 2018 21:42:11 GMT
Hello Ihor,

I am not clear on the mentioned goal of this JIRA. Can you please clarify
on this using some examples.
"But main goal of this task is to allow explicit cross joins in queries
when option is enabled and at the same time disallow other ways to execute
cross joins (for example, list tables via comma in FROM section of query
without condition) while option is enabled.  "
At-least from what I understand regarding the support of cross joins, is to
enable the cross join whenever a comma separated syntax without conditions
are also enabled. Currently cross join is not supported at all.

It's support should be similar to that of comma separated query syntax
without conditions.

Thanks,
-Hanu