drill-dev mailing list archives

From Vitalii Diravka <vitalii.dira...@gmail.com>
Subject [DISCUSSION] CI for Drill
Date Tue, 11 Sep 2018 15:20:19 GMT
Recently we discussed Travis build failures and there were excluded more
tests to make Travis happy [1]. But looks like the issue returned back and
Travis build fails intermittently.

I tried to find other solution instead of exclusion Drill unit tests and
found other good CI - CircleCI [2]. Looks like this CI will allow to run
all unit tests successfully.
And it offers good conditions for open-source projects [3] (even OS X
environment is available).
The example of Apache project, which uses this CI is Apache Cassandra [4]

My quick set-up of CircleCI for Drill still fails, but it should be just
configured properly [5].

I think we can try CircleCI in parallel with Travis and if it works well,
we will move completely to CircleCI.
Does it make sense? Maybe somebody faced with it and knows some limitations
or complexities?

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DRILL-6559
[2]
https://github.com/DefinitelyTyped/DefinitelyTyped/issues/20308#issuecomment-342115544