drill-dev mailing list archives

From Charles Givre <cgi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [REVIEW]: Draft Board Report
Date Fri, 07 Feb 2020 17:07:18 GMT
Hi Igor,
Thanks for your response. Regarding the release, my observation was that the last release
was REALLY complicated and took a very long time because it was very large.  My thought is
that going forward, we can get more releases out the door if we do smaller, more frequent
releases.  This way we get more value into the hands of our users faster.  I'm not tied to
any date, but I'd like to shoot for quarterly releases rather than semi-annual.  I'm happy
to make the projected timeline more vague... Something like:

"We are aspiring for more frequent releases and are aiming for early Q2 for the next release"

@Vova, @Volodmyr, @Arina, what are your thoughts?

On another note, I realized this after I wrote it, but I didn't mention any of the conversation
about Arrow.  Do you think we should mention that as well?
-- C