drill-dev mailing list archives

From Curtis Lambert <cur...@datadistillr.com>
Subject Regular Video Calls?
Date Wed, 03 Mar 2021 14:34:57 GMT
All,

I'm still very new to Drill but as I'm getting spun up on things I noticed
there used to be google hangout meets every two weeks but they appear to
have stopped in 2017. Looking to gather input on if they are worth starting
back up and what points they would cover (recognizing all decisions are
made here not in the meetings). I'm willing to organize and host if the
interest is there.

Please weigh in on these points:

   - If we had regular video calls would you attend?
   - What is the group's preferred application for that? (Zoom/Google?)
   - Periodicity of the calls (every two weeks, monthly, other?)
   - Time of day? (lets use Zulu/GMT/UTC for this point to normalize)
   - Potential topics/scope? (I think some combination of design
   discussions and component walkthrough/learning/presenting would be good for
   expanding and invigorating the community)

[image: avatar]
Curtis Lambert
CTO
Email: