drill-dev mailing list archives

From Curtis Lambert <cur...@datadistillr.com>
Subject Re: Regular Video Calls?
Date Thu, 04 Mar 2021 14:11:45 GMT
Luoc,

We can make sure to monitor chat for questions/input if you're more
comfortable with writing than speaking. I'm a former Arabic/Pashtu linguist
so I've felt the pains of trying to keep up in a second language myself.
Let me know if there are other things we can do to help accommodate you and
others.

All,

This might score one for google meets over zoom as I see you can have
google auto translate the captions. I'm not sure just how good that is but
if it's even just moderately helpful for non native speakers it would be
good to try.

https://sites.allegheny.edu/lits/tech-tip-tuesday-translate-closed-captions-in-google-meet-with-chrome/

[image: avatar]
Curtis Lambert