drill-dev mailing list archives

From Laurent Goujon <laur...@dremio.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Drill 1.19.0 release
Date Tue, 04 May 2021 04:23:24 GMT
Thanks for all the answers

So the issues I found based on the feedback are:

   - DRILL-7878: Fix LGTM Alerts
   <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DRILL-7878>
   - DRILL-7871: StoragePluginStore instances for different users
   <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DRILL-7871>
   - DRILL-7908: Fix GitHub Actions CI
   <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DRILL-7908>
   - DRILL-7904: Update to 30-jre Guava version
   <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DRILL-7904>
   - DRILL-7826: Merge Pcap and Pcapng format plugin based on EVF
   <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DRILL-7826>
      - DRILL-7828: Refactor Pcap and Pcapng format plugin
      <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DRILL-7828>
   - DRILL-7910: Bumps commons-io from 2.4 to 2.7
   <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DRILL-7910>
   - DRILL-7901: Bump junit from 4.12 to 4.13.1
   <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DRILL-7901>

I wanted to propose Monday May 10th to do the first release candidate, but
I have some concerns about some of the changes which may not be ready by
then considering they seem to involve some level of effort and are in very
early stage: The LGTM alert changes and the StoragePluginStore model
change. JUnit version update might also become quite a large change if
instead of moving to 4.13.1, Drill is switching to JUnit5.

What do people think?