drill-dev mailing list archives

From Laurent Goujon <laur...@dremio.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Drill 1.19.0 release
Date Wed, 26 May 2021 05:24:12 GMT
Just an update. There's a patch for updating both Jetty and Hadoop (at the
same time) as those changes are co-dependent:
https://github.com/apache/drill/pull/2236

As for the Guava patch, I'd be happy to help, but I'm not sure what's left.
As far as I can tell the shaded version of Guava has been updated, but the
build is failing. The security vulnerabilities for Guava are moderate (and
actually it seems a fix for CVE-2020-8908 would require a code change
instead of a Guava update.

Since this has been almost a month since we started this release process, I
wonder if we still want to wait on this patch, or if we should move it to
the next release.

Let me know what people think,

On Tue, May 25, 2021 at 8:24 AM Laurent Goujon <laurent@dremio.com> wrote:

> Anything I can help with?
>
> On Tue, May 25, 2021 at 7:02 AM Charles Givre <cgivre@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> HI Laurent,
>> My apologies.  I said Junit, when I was meaning to say to the Guava PR (
>> https://github.com/apache/drill/pull/2202 <
>> https://github.com/apache/drill/pull/2202>).  I think this one is almost
>> done as well.
>> -- C
>>

>> > On May 24, 2021, at 5:29 PM, Laurent Goujon <laurent@dremio.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > Ok, I was hoping that some of the PRs could be merged, but if we are in
>> > agreement, let's start the work :)

写道:

>> CVEs

>> better