drill-dev mailing list archives

From Laurent Goujon <laur...@dremio.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Drill 1.19.0 - RC0
Date Fri, 04 Jun 2021 05:20:30 GMT
You actually went ahead and merged those patches without waiting while I
was hoping we could get some consensus first :(

Can I just ask you to please respect the effort I'm putting in following
what I think is the release process? If people think I'm not following the
proper steps or that I'm not doing a good job at doing it, I'll gladly
accept feedback and will do my best to address it, but going over me isn't
helping me or the future volunteers for the next releases which might be
also wondering what's the release process should be.
Meanwhile I'll wait to get a review for the DRILL-7945 patch fixing the
Guava regression, and hopefully I should be able to do another release
candidate tomorrow.

Laurent

On Thu, Jun 3, 2021 at 5:46 PM luoc <luoc@apache.org> wrote:

> The DRILL-7945 blocked the release. So, I'm ready to merge the DRILL-7937
> and DRILL-7940 for bugfix.
>
> > 在 2021年6月4日,01:15,Laurent Goujon <laurent@dremio.com> 写道:
> >
> > Hey guys,
> >
> > Can we please stop changing the goal post again and again? The fact that
> > some of those pull requests are ready to merge should not be the sole
> > consideration when to do a next release candidate.
> >
> > I've been asking several times on this mailing list about what we want to
> > include or not, and we got an agreement several times about it, and
> several
> > times we are now having this conversation.
> > IMHO, I would not include DRILL-7941, DRILL-7942 and DRILL-7943: those
> are
> > new enhancements impacting Drill tests (not even the main product) and I
> do
> > not understand the rush in making them part of the release. Specifically
> > for the JUnit 5 update, I think the change is misleading because it looks
> > like it's only the introduction of JUnit5 in one test class and
> everything
> > else still uses JUnit 4, so I would hardly call it an upgrade...
> >
> > As for DRILL-7937 and DRILL-7940, the issues were open in the last 3 days
> > ago, but they do not seem to be regressions since 1.18.0, just gaps in
> what
> > Drill provides. Personally since we are this deep in the release, I would
> > also skip these one too. But if people have more contexts on those, maybe
> > we can agree they should be merged?
> >
> > Laurent
> >

> >> On Thu, Jun 3, 2021 at 6:10 AM Charles Givre <cgivre@gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> There are like 5 minor PRs that are approved and awaiting merge.  I'd
> vote
> >> that we include them.  Specifically:
> >>
> >> DRILL-7943: Update Hamcrest
> >> DRILL-7942: Update Mockito
> >> DRILL-7941: Update junit to 5.7.2
> >> DRILL-7937:  Parquet decimal error
> >> DRILL-7940: Fix Kafka Key
> >>
> >> These are all approved and can be merged.
> >>
> >> -- C

写道: