drill-user mailing list archives

From "EXI-Muthuraman, Ganesh" <ganesh.muthura...@boeing.com>
Subject Hive Custom Serde Error
Date Wed, 25 Mar 2015 14:20:54 GMT
Hi Folks,

I am getting a hive custom SerDe not found error when I try to describe hive tables in drill
that use a custom SerDe. show tables works ok. Also, any table not created using the custom
SerDe works well.

I'm trying this in Cloudera Hadoop. Tried this in both CDH VM and an actual CDH cluster (5.2.0)
with the same observation. In the VM, it was an embedded configuration, whereas in the cluster
it was a distributed one. Tried copying the custom SerDe Jar to jars/3rdparty directory but
to no avail. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Ganesh Muthuraman
Data & Analytics Architect
CAS - Digital Aviation
Think, use your mind. Act, use your heart!