drill-user mailing list archives

From Julian Hyde <julianh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JDBC data source
Date Fri, 06 Mar 2015 18:28:18 GMT
Regarding what you call “JDBC storage plugin”. I’d call it a JDBC adapter. Calcite has
a JDBC adapter that tries to push down as much of the algebra tree to a foreign database (this
depends upon what the database is capable of), then generates database-specific SQL for the
tree that it had managed to push.

Drill’s requirements are exactly the same so it seems crazy to not start with Calcite’s
adapter.

Julian

On Mar 6, 2015, at 10:05 AM, Norris Lee <norrisl@simba.com> wrote:

> Close but not quite. Alex and I are actually working on an ODBC driver. An open source
JDBC driver already exists and is in active development.

> As for a JDBC storage plugin to source data from other JDBC drivers (eg. Of RDBMSes),
it's been requested several times recently but I don't think anyone is working on it. If I
recall correctly, some people expressed interest in working on it.

> Norris

couple of times. As discussed in last hangout Norris and Alexander are working on it and we
can expect a patch soon.