drill-user mailing list archives

From Ganesha Muthuraman <mganesh...@outlook.com>
Subject Hive SerDe Error
Date Tue, 31 Mar 2015 18:31:15 GMT
Posting this message again as I did not get a response to the previous:
am getting a hive custom SerDe not found error when I try to describe (or query) hive
tables in drill that use a custom SerDe. show tables works ok. Also, any
table that does not use custom SerDe, works well. All tables work fine in Hive shell.

I’m
trying this in Cloudera Hadoop. Tried this in both CDH VM and an actual CDH
cluster (5.2.0) with the same observation. In the VM, it was an embedded
configuration, whereas in the cluster it was a distributed one. Tried copying
the custom SerDe Jar to jars/3rdparty directory but to no avail. Any help will
be appreciated.
I do have the SerDe jar in /usr/lib/hive/lib
-Ganesh