drill-user mailing list archives

From Ganesha Muthuraman <mganesh...@outlook.com>
Subject Question on SQL over CSV
Date Mon, 30 Mar 2015 22:39:10 GMT
I see that for a large data set ( in my case a large CSV ), even a LIMIT 5 type of SQL take
a very long time. Is it that Drill has to read through the entire file to produce any output
even if I just want, say the first 10 lines of the file?

Is there a way to let Drill stream the results back as it reads the CSV in such cases? I am
trying to use Drill for data exploration purposes and mostly to get a peek into the data set
from my data lake before running bigger queries/analytics on this data set.

Regards,
Ganesh