drill-user mailing list archives

From Haofeng Tang <htang2...@gmail.com>
Subject How to create drill custom functions when 3rd party libraries are needed?
Date Sun, 15 Mar 2015 22:07:41 GMT
I was able to follow the custom function articles to create new functions.

However, when I tried to create my own test custom functions, where some
3rd party libraries are needed, I wasn't able to get it to work. Here's my
test:

-- Created class "MyClass" in drill-java-exec. Since there're string
operations in this class depending on maven project-A (a 3rd party
library), I added project-A in drill-java.exec dependency list;
-- Built drill;
-- Deployed the target apache-drill-0.8.0-SNAPSHOT.tar.gz;
-- Launched drill, and ran query "select MyClass(string_column) from
my_table"

This gives me an error:

>Query failed: Query stopped., Line 67, Column 58: No applicable
constructor/method found for actual parameters "java.lang.Object";
candidates are: "public void
com.thf.test.Segment.setStart(com.thf.test.Point)" [
3deedeb2-42fa-4fa7-a8a7-4eb802451d58 on localhost:31010 ]

>Error: exception while executing query: Failure while executing query.
(state=,code=0)

where, both com.thf.test.Segment and com.thf.test.Point are classes from
project-A.

Any idea of how to proceed? Suggestion would be appreciated.

Regards