drill-user mailing list archives

From Paul Pearcy <Paul.Pea...@blackboard.com>
Subject Re: Storage plugin for elasticsearch
Date Thu, 12 Mar 2015 22:00:13 GMT
FWIW, I am also interested in helping out/contributing to a similar
plugin.

The current ways to implement joins on top of elasticsearch via Hive are
too slow. There are some really interesting things that could be done with
drill if a you were able to expose SQL functions that are actually just
elasticsearch queries/search templates. This would allow elasticsearch to
do what it is good at (run interesting filtered/fulltext
queries/aggregates really fast) and then allow drill to handle joining
against other data sources against the search/aggregate results.

While I have only browsed, it¹s seems the a good starting point is to try
to base off the MonboDB plugin.

Thanks,
Paul

On 3/6/15, 9:29 AM, "Jahagirdar, Madhu" <madhu.jahagirdar@philips.com>
wrote:

>I will be interested in building it, let me know how to proceed.
>
>Sent from Outlook<http://taps.io/outlookmobile>
>

>On Fri, Mar 6, 2015 at 2:19 AM -0800, "mehant baid"
><baid.mehant@gmail.com<mailto:baid.mehant@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>Hey Dharmarajan,
>
>Welcome to Drill. AFAIK there isn't any current development towards a
>storage plugin for Elastic search. However adding a storage plugin entails
>implementing a relatively well defined set of API's and is a good starting
>point for a new contributor as there exists quite a few examples to model
>after. Is this something you will be interested in contributing to Drill?
>
>Thanks
>Mehant
>
>On Thursday, March 5, 2015, Dharmarajan Rajendran <
>Dharmarajan_Rajendran@trimble.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am  a beginner to Apache Drill. I am just exploring drill to use in
>>our
>> systems.
>> We are using elasticsearch to retrieve our data
>> Do you have any plan to add storage plugin for elasticsearch ?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Dharmarajan
>>

>________________________________
>The information contained in this message may be confidential and legally
>protected under applicable law. The message is intended solely for the
>addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
>notified that any use, forwarding, dissemination, or reproduction of this
>message is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the
>intended recipient, please contact the sender by return e-mail and
>destroy all copies of the original message.

This email and any attachments may contain confidential and proprietary information of Blackboard
that is for the sole use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient,
disclosure, copying, re-distribution or other use of any of this information is strictly prohibited.
Please immediately notify the sender and delete this transmission if you received this email
in error.