drill-user mailing list archives

From Carrot Hu -CIC <carrot...@cicdata.com>
Subject Character Encoding Issue
Date Wed, 26 Aug 2015 08:20:04 GMT
Dear Team,

I have encountered the following problem when using "SHOW TABLES" in drill shell:

"Error: PARSE ERROR: At line 0, column 0: Cannot apply = to the two different charsets UTF-16LE
and ISO-8859-1"

Previously, to deal with Chinses characters in my program, I have added the following configuration:

"Dsaffron.default.charset=UTF-16LE" to "drill.env.sh",

It appears that this is not consistent with Drill's internal parser.

How can I resolve this, without using "_UTF16" to encode characters in a query ?

Thanks a lot !

Yiyi