drill-user mailing list archives

From "Whitfield, Ryan" <rwhitfi...@wolve.com>
Subject Problem parsing JSON
Date Thu, 06 Aug 2015 21:45:31 GMT
I just started using drill and I am having issues doing simple queries on my json files. I
made a storage plugin with a workspace pointing to the location of my JSON log files, but
it won't let me perform a query.
My storage plugin looks like this:
{
  "type": "file",
  "enabled": true,
  "connection": "file:///",
  "workspaces": {
    "log": {
      "location": "/home/rwhitfield/log",
      "writable": false,
      "defaultInputFormat": null
    }
  }
}
Then when I run the following:
use log.log;
SELECT * FROM 'out.json' LIMIT 10;
I get an error "PARSE ERROR: Encountered "\'out.json\'" at line 1, column 15. Am I making
a stupid mistake somewhere? Appreciate any guidance!
This message is intended only for the personal and confidential use of the recipients named
above. If the
reader of this email is not the intended recipient, you have received this email in error
and any review,
dissemination, distribution or copying is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email
in error,
please notify the sender immediately by return email and permanently delete the copy you received.

This message is provided for informational purposes and should not be construed as a solicitation
or
offer to buy or sell any securities or related financial instruments. Wolverine is not responsible
for any
recommendation, solicitation, offer or agreement or any information about any transaction,
customer
account or account activity that may be attached to or contained in this communication. Wolverine

accepts no liability for any content contained in the email, or any errors or omissions arising
as a result
of e-mail transmission. Any opinions contained in this email constitute the sender's best
judgment at
this time and are subject to change without notice.