drill-user mailing list archives

From Kartik Bhatia <KBha...@scif.com>
Subject RE: Hive execution error
Date Sat, 29 Aug 2015 03:54:05 GMT
I am trying to query hive in CHD 5.4.3 and then connect Drill to reporting tool like MicroStrategy
for visualization

-----Original Message-----
From: Abhishek Girish [mailto:abhishek.girish@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, August 28, 2015 8:48 PM
To: user@drill.apache.org
Subject: Re: Hive execution error

You can have multiple client connections to Drill. But each connection would be a separate
session. Specifically, in case of Drill UI each query you submit would be a separate session.
Any session options you change in one session will not be visible in another. You also cannot
select a workspace / schema in one connection and expect it to be selected in another.

In sqlline, when you connect to Drill, you start a session and it will remain active till
the duration of the connection.

Can you share details as to what you were trying to accomplish in this regard?

-Abhishek