drill-user mailing list archives

From Abhishek Girish <abhishek.gir...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hive execution error
Date Sat, 29 Aug 2015 03:47:43 GMT
You can have multiple client connections to Drill. But each connection
would be a separate session. Specifically, in case of Drill UI each query
you submit would be a separate session. Any session options you change in
one session will not be visible in another. You also cannot select a
workspace / schema in one connection and expect it to be selected in
another.

In sqlline, when you connect to Drill, you start a session and it will
remain active till the duration of the connection.

Can you share details as to what you were trying to accomplish in this
regard?

-Abhishek