drill-user mailing list archives

From Edmon Begoli <ebeg...@gmail.com>
Subject UTF conversion issue with gz files
Date Mon, 24 Aug 2015 16:05:03 GMT
We are unable to process files that OSX identifies as character sete
UTF16LE.  After unzipping and converting to UTF8, we ere able to process
one fine.  There are CONVERT_TO and CONVERT_FROM commands that appear to
address the issue, but we were unable to make them work on a gzipped or
unzipped version of the UTF16 file.  We were  able to use CONVERT_FROM ok,
but when we tried to wrap the results of that to cast as a date, or
anything else, it failed.  Trying to work with it natively caused the
double-byte nature to appear (a substring 1,4 only return the first two
characters).

Is there a fix for this or should I file it as an issue?

I cannot post the data because it is proprietary in nature, but I might be
able to try to re-create the data for release testing and
development purposes.