drill-user mailing list archives

From Naveen Madhire <vmadh...@umail.iu.edu>
Subject Drill Installation Question
Date Mon, 17 Aug 2015 19:34:45 GMT
Hi,

I am trying to install Drill on a Cloudera cluster by following the steps
described on the website.
https://drill.apache.org/docs/starting-drill-in-distributed-mode/

I have few questions before I start installing Drill,

1. How can I start a Drill shell on a node not in the cluster, probably the
edge node which interacts with the cluster. Is it like just download the
drill tarball and start the shell?
2. Is there a UI which I can use to write queries and verify the data,
instead of using drill shell command line access.

Please let me know, any info on the above points would be helpful.

Thanks,
Naveen