drill-user mailing list archives

From Naveen Madhire <vmadh...@umail.iu.edu>
Subject Re: Drill Installation Question
Date Tue, 18 Aug 2015 21:40:23 GMT
Well, the requirement is the users will access Drill using a webui from
their desktops and only few ports on edge node is open to the outside
world. So, I need something running on the edge node to run drill queries.
I am not a network expert but let me figure out about NAT, tunnel etc which
you mentioned from others.

Thanks for your help.

On Tue, Aug 18, 2015 at 4:36 PM, Andries Engelbrecht <
aengelbrecht@maprtech.com> wrote:

> Can’t you use a network service like NAT, tunnel, etc to provide access?
>
> —Andries
>
> > On Aug 18, 2015, at 2:33 PM, Abhishek Girish <abhishek.girish@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > I don't think that is currently possible. AFAIK, the web-UI is tied to
> the
> > drillbit service and cannot be brought up stand-alone.
> >
> > On Tue, Aug 18, 2015 at 2:22 PM, Naveen Madhire <vmadhire@umail.iu.edu>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> Thanks for all your help. One last question guys :)
> >>
> >> Currently, I have started drillbits on all the datanodes and accessing
> the
> >> drill command line from an edge node outside of the cloudera cluster.
> >>
> >> I can see that, I can only access the webui on 8047 port from the
> >> datanodes.
> >>
> >> I need to access the webui for running queries from the edge node. We
> have
> >> few firewall rules such that the datanode ports are not opened.
> >>
> >> How can I use webui running on a node outside of the cluster without
> >> starting the drillbit service?
> >>
> >> Thanks
> >>
> >> On Tue, Aug 18, 2015 at 3:44 PM, Abhishek Girish <
> >> abhishek.girish@gmail.com>

> >> vmadhire@umail.iu.edu>

JDBC