drill-user mailing list archives

From Andries Engelbrecht <aengelbre...@maprtech.com>
Subject Re: Tableau / filter issues
Date Mon, 17 Aug 2015 15:18:21 GMT
The first query is meant to only capture the column info of the table/view, thus limit 0.

What is the result of the second query of you execute it from sqlline?
What is the underlying datasource of Table in the queries?

Have not noticed the issue when working with Tableau 9.0 and Drill.

—Andries

> On Aug 17, 2015, at 8:10 AM, Matt <bsg075@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I think Tableau also uses the first query to fetch the structure / metadata of the expected
result set.

> We have often eliminated performance issues using Tableau by "hiding" the structure of
queries by putting them in database views. Could that be a possible solution here?

> On 17 Aug 2015, at 11:02, Boris Chmiel wrote:
>
>> Hello Driller,
>> I'm facing issues using the Filter function of Tableau with Drill : Tableau always
populates values of the filter with "null".The action is translated into 2 queries within
Drill :
>> SELECT \* FROM (SELECT field FROM Table GROUP BY field ORDER BY field ASC) T LIMIT
0
>> SELECT field FROM Table GROUP BY field ORDER BY field ASC
>> It seems that Tableau is fetching the result of the first query (null - which seems
to by generated to catch exceptions) instead of the second one.