drill-user mailing list archives

From Paul Rogers <prog...@maprtech.com>
Subject Re: DRILL_LOG_PREFIX in drill-config
Date Tue, 01 Nov 2016 18:14:59 GMT
Hi All,

Since we are so close to release, I’ll see if I can get a fix PR submitted today based on
John’s suggestions.

Just to be super careful, I suggest we introduce a new variable that holds the log name base
file. In drill-env.sh:

# Define a custom base name for Drill log files.

# DRILL_LOG_NAME=“drillbit”

In drill-config.sh:

export DRILL_LOG_NAME=${DRILL_LOG_NAME:-"drillbit”}
export DRILL_LOG_PREFIX="$DRILL_LOG_DIR/$DRILL_LOG_NAME”

All other code can stay the same:

export DRILLBIT_LOG_PATH="${DRILL_LOG_PREFIX}.log"
logout="${DRILL_LOG_PREFIX}.out"
logqueries="${DRILL_LOG_PREFIX}_queries.json"
loggc="${DRILL_LOG_PREFIX}.gc”
etc.

If folks have made customizations that count on this pattern, those changes should work unchanged
after the revision.

Thoughts?

- Paul