drill-user mailing list archives

From John Omernik <j...@omernik.com>
Subject Re: DRILL_LOG_PREFIX in drill-config
Date Tue, 01 Nov 2016 14:58:43 GMT
export DRILL_LOG_PREFIX="$DRILL_LOG_DIR/drillbit"

So looking at this, I think that DRILL_LOG_PREFIX is a misnomer, it should
be DRILL_LOG_PATH = Path to a directory, DRILL_LOG_PREFIX = A prefix to
prepend to drill log files, thus, in reality, DRILL_LOG_PREFIX should not
be set to $DRILL_LOG_DIR/drillbit, instead the default should be "

export DRILL_LOG_PREFIX=${DRILL_LOG_PREFIX:-"drillbit"}

and then the next line that makes the drill log path should be:

export DRILLBIT_LOG_PATH="${DRILL_LOG_DIR}/${DRILL_LOG_PREFIX}.log"

That way the Prefix is just a file prefix, and then in the drill-env.sh I
could set

export DRILL_LOG_PREFIX="drillbit-$HOSTNAME"

and have all my logs in one folder, but not be overwritten by easy other....