drill-user mailing list archives

From John Omernik <j...@omernik.com>
Subject DRILL_LOG_PREFIX in drill-config
Date Tue, 01 Nov 2016 14:45:51 GMT
Hey all,

I am getting my head around the new Drill config files in 1.8, and I have
been setting DRILL_LOG_PREFIX in previous versions. Based on what I am
seeing in drill-config.sh though, it looks like I no longer can set this as
instead of using a "If set use what's set otherwise default to" methodology
like other variables, drill-config.sh just exports a static value... is
this correct?

My goal is to have logs all in a single directory but have prefixes based
on the host names... "centralized" logging if you will :) Is this possible
in 1.8 or do I need a JIRA?

export DRILL_LOG_PREFIX="$DRILL_LOG_DIR/drillbit"

John