drill-user mailing list archives

From <IC...@us.imshealth.com>
Subject Getting error when creating JDBC storage for sql server.
Date Tue, 22 Nov 2016 18:29:43 GMT
Hi All,

I'm new to Drill and trying to implement it to our application. I installed Drill in our Windows
server development environment and able to run in embedded mode to query Json/parquet, and
to create JDBC storage for SQL Server and Oracle.

The problem is when I moved Drill to our Linux development environment, I am not able to create
JDBC Storage for SQL Server nor Oracle via the web console or REST API. Getting error :

Please retry: error(unable to create/ update storage)

Here is the configuration I put in the web console:

{
                                "type": "jdbc",
                                "enabled": true,
                                "driver": "com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver",
                                "url": "jdbc:sqlserver://<Server Name>;instanceName=<instance
name>;databaseName=<database name>",
                                "username": "username",
                                "password": "password"
}

I also tried the cluster mode with single node, still getting the same error.

I have sqljdbc4.2.jar in jars/3rdparty directory. Query and update the existing storage has
no problem.

I don't know what I'm missing and can't find any log\information that help to debug this issue.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Ivy

********************** IMPORTANT--PLEASE READ ************************ This electronic message,
including its attachments, is CONFIDENTIAL and may contain PROPRIETARY or LEGALLY PRIVILEGED
or PROTECTED information and is intended for the authorized recipient of the sender. If you
are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, disclosure, copying,
or distribution of this message or any of the information included in it is unauthorized and
strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify
the sender by reply e-mail and permanently delete this message and its attachments, along
with any copies thereof, from all locations received (e.g., computer, mobile device, etc.).