drill-user mailing list archives

From <IC...@us.imshealth.com>
Subject RE: Create/delete storage via Java API instead of REST API
Date Mon, 28 Nov 2016 23:12:58 GMT
Thanks for information.

Best,
Ivy

-----Original Message-----
From: Chunhui Shi [mailto:cshi@maprtech.com]
Sent: Monday, November 28, 2016 3:01 PM
To: user <user@drill.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Create/delete storage via Java API instead of REST API

In Unit tests, there are codes creating storages, e.g. BaseHBaseTest.java:

    final StoragePluginRegistry pluginRegistry = getDrillbitContext().
getStorage();
    storagePlugin = (HBaseStoragePlugin) pluginRegistry.getPlugin( HBASE_STORAGE_PLUGIN_NAME);
    storagePluginConfig = storagePlugin.getConfig();
    storagePluginConfig.setEnabled(true);
    storagePluginConfig.setZookeeperPort(HBaseTestsSuite.
getZookeeperPort());
    pluginRegistry.createOrUpdate(HBASE_STORAGE_PLUGIN_NAME,
storagePluginConfig, true); pluginRegistry = getDrillbitContext().
getStorage();

StoragePluginRegistry has interface to delete storage as well.

On Mon, Nov 28, 2016 at 9:26 AM, <IChan@us.imshealth.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to integrate Drill JDBC to our data transfer application.
> The source and target of storage setting is dynamically provided by
> end user. I need to be able to create\update new storage as users
> initiate the data transfer request. Just wanted to know, other than
> using the REST API, is there Java API that I can directly
> create\update storage within my java codes?  If so, any code examples?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ivy Chan
>

> ________________________________
> ********************** IMPORTANT--PLEASE READ ************************
> This electronic message, including its attachments, is CONFIDENTIAL
> and may contain PROPRIETARY or LEGALLY PRIVILEGED or PROTECTED
> information and is intended for the authorized recipient of the
> sender. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
> that any use, disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message or
> any of the information included in it is unauthorized and strictly
> prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please
> immediately notify the sender by reply e-mail and permanently delete
> this message and its attachments, along with any copies thereof, from all locations received
(e.g., computer, mobile device, etc.).