drill-user mailing list archives

From "Hotz-Behofsits, Christian" <christian.hotz-behofs...@wu.ac.at>
Subject Not able to setup PAM authentication properly
Date Thu, 10 Nov 2016 10:40:51 GMT
Hi,

I configured my drillbit to support PAM Authentication (which works). But If I start drillbit
using my local user account (e.g. chris) only this account is able to login (all other attempts
result in a "invalid username/password" response). So I have to start drill like this: "sudo
./bin/drillbit.sh start", but then all users are just "normal" accounts without admin-privileges.
So I tried to login to the local shell using "sudo ./bin/drill-localhost" with various password/username
combinations but I am not able to gain admin rights to change the admin account settings (using
alter system set `security.admin.users`='admin1,admin2,...';).

So how should I start drill? Using sudo or without?
How can I access my local drillbit using sqlline with full admin-rights?

Regards
Christian HB