drill-user mailing list archives

From Charles Givre <cgi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: IndexR, a new storage plugin for Drill
Date Tue, 03 Jan 2017 15:18:26 GMT
This sounds really interesting.  Will you be submitting a PR to integrate this into the main
Drill codebase?
— C

> On Jan 3, 2017, at 03:35, WeiWan <weiwan@sunteng.com> wrote:
>
> IndexR is a distributed, columnar storage system based on HDFS, which focus on fast analyse,
both for massive static(historical) data and rapidly ingesting realtime data. IndexR is designed
for OLAP.

> Fast analyze on large dataset
> Realtime ingestion with zero delay for query
> Deep integration with Hadoop ecosystem
> Hardware efficiency
> Highly avaliable, scalable, manageable and simple
> Adapted with popular query engines like Apache Drill, Apache Hive, etc.
>
> And now it is open source.
>
> Project: https://github.com/shunfei/indexr <https://github.com/shunfei/indexr>

> Wiki: https://github.com/shunfei/indexr/wiki <https://github.com/shunfei/indexr/wiki>
>
> IndexR is original developed by Sunteng Tech. This project started a year ago and now
has been deployed to several productions in our company. The whole cluster consumes over 30
billions events each day in realtime from Kafka. The largest table contains over 10 billions
rows (after rollup) and rapidly increasing. Most of the statistic/analyze queries’ latency
is less than 3 seconds in real world production environment.