drill-user mailing list archives

From WeiWan <wei...@sunteng.com>
Subject Re: IndexR, a new storage plugin for Drill
Date Tue, 03 Jan 2017 15:30:51 GMT
Hi Charles,

It would be great if IndexR plugin can be merged into official Drill project. I will do some
more tests based on latest Drill version and submit a PR.

Regards
Flow Wei

> On Jan 3, 2017, at 23:18, Charles Givre <cgivre@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> This sounds really interesting.  Will you be submitting a PR to integrate this into the
main Drill codebase?
> — C
>
>> On Jan 3, 2017, at 03:35, WeiWan <weiwan@sunteng.com> wrote:
>>
>> IndexR is a distributed, columnar storage system based on HDFS, which focus on fast
analyse, both for massive static(historical) data and rapidly ingesting realtime data. IndexR
is designed for OLAP.

>> Fast analyze on large dataset
>> Realtime ingestion with zero delay for query
>> Deep integration with Hadoop ecosystem
>> Hardware efficiency
>> Highly avaliable, scalable, manageable and simple
>> Adapted with popular query engines like Apache Drill, Apache Hive, etc.
>>
>> And now it is open source.
>>
>> Project: https://github.com/shunfei/indexr <https://github.com/shunfei/indexr>

>> Wiki: https://github.com/shunfei/indexr/wiki <https://github.com/shunfei/indexr/wiki>
>>
>> IndexR is original developed by Sunteng Tech. This project started a year ago and
now has been deployed to several productions in our company. The whole cluster consumes over
30 billions events each day in realtime from Kafka. The largest table contains over 10 billions
rows (after rollup) and rapidly increasing. Most of the statistic/analyze queries’ latency
is less than 3 seconds in real world production environment.