drill-user mailing list archives

From Jinfeng Ni <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: IndexR, a new storage plugin for Drill
Date Tue, 03 Jan 2017 16:22:52 GMT
Looks like IndexR is very interesting storage plugin. Although I have
not looked into the detail, I'm looking forward to seeing the PR and
hopefully getting this into Drill!

Thanks,

Jinfeng

On Tue, Jan 3, 2017 at 7:30 AM, WeiWan <weiwan@sunteng.com> wrote:
> Hi Charles,
>
> It would be great if IndexR plugin can be merged into official Drill project. I will
do some more tests based on latest Drill version and submit a PR.

> Regards
> Flow Wei
>

>> On Jan 3, 2017, at 23:18, Charles Givre <cgivre@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> This sounds really interesting.  Will you be submitting a PR to integrate this into
the main Drill codebase?
>> — C
>>
>>> On Jan 3, 2017, at 03:35, WeiWan <weiwan@sunteng.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> IndexR is a distributed, columnar storage system based on HDFS, which focus on
fast analyse, both for massive static(historical) data and rapidly ingesting realtime data.
IndexR is designed for OLAP.

>>> Fast analyze on large dataset
>>> Realtime ingestion with zero delay for query
>>> Deep integration with Hadoop ecosystem
>>> Hardware efficiency
>>> Highly avaliable, scalable, manageable and simple
>>> Adapted with popular query engines like Apache Drill, Apache Hive, etc.
>>>
>>> And now it is open source.
>>>
>>> Project: https://github.com/shunfei/indexr <https://github.com/shunfei/indexr>
>>> Wiki: https://github.com/shunfei/indexr/wiki <https://github.com/shunfei/indexr/wiki>
>>>
>>> IndexR is original developed by Sunteng Tech. This project started a year ago
and now has been deployed to several productions in our company. The whole cluster consumes
over 30 billions events each day in realtime from Kafka. The largest table contains over 10
billions rows (after rollup) and rapidly increasing. Most of the statistic/analyze queries’
latency is less than 3 seconds in real world production environment.