drill-user mailing list archives

From "Strashko, Irina" <irina.stras...@here.com>
Subject Problem setting s3 plugin. AccessDenied error
Date Mon, 16 Jan 2017 20:42:13 GMT
Hi,

I am trying to query json files located on amazon cloud bucket from Apache Drill installed
on my local windows PC.
It used to work fine with other plugins but when I enable my s3 plugin everything starts failing
with AccessDenied, even old plugins like dfs. When I disable s3 plugin, dfs start working
properly.
I have administrative account setup on Amazon and proved my keys (access key and security
key) working with CloudBerry and ACL.
I use s3a access configuration as I am working with apache drill version 1.9.0. Core-site.xml
is setup with fs.s3a.access.key and fs.s3a.secret.key as well.  Hadoop_excludes is updated
to remove jets3t.
I tried downgrading the  jets3t library from 0.9.4 to 0.9.2 as was suggested in one of the
posts but it did not help.
My error is
org.apache.drill.common.exceptions.UserRemoteException: SYSTEM ERROR: AmazonS3Exception: Status
Code: 403, AWS Service: Amazon S3, AWS Request ID: BD9FFDCEADAC7991, AWS Error Code: AccessDenied,
AWS Error Message: Access Denied

I am running drill in embedded mode.

What should be my connection string? I have it as s3a://<my bucket>

Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Thank you,

Irina