drill-user mailing list archives

From WeiWan <wei...@sunteng.com>
Subject Re: IndexR, a new storage plugin for Drill
Date Wed, 04 Jan 2017 01:59:48 GMT
Hi,

It will take some time for IndexR plugin to merge into Drill. But you can try it out already
by following those documents.

Compilation:  https://github.com/shunfei/indexr/wiki/Compilation <https://github.com/shunfei/indexr/wiki/Compilation>
Deployment:  https://github.com/shunfei/indexr/wiki/Deployment <https://github.com/shunfei/indexr/wiki/Deployment>
User Guide:  https://github.com/shunfei/indexr/wiki/User-Guide <https://github.com/shunfei/indexr/wiki/User-Guide>
Regards
Flow Wei

> On Jan 4, 2017, at 00:22, Jinfeng Ni <jni@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Looks like IndexR is very interesting storage plugin. Although I have
> not looked into the detail, I'm looking forward to seeing the PR and
> hopefully getting this into Drill!
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jinfeng
>

> On Tue, Jan 3, 2017 at 7:30 AM, WeiWan <weiwan@sunteng.com> wrote:
>> Hi Charles,
>>
>> It would be great if IndexR plugin can be merged into official Drill project. I will
do some more tests based on latest Drill version and submit a PR.

>> Regards
>> Flow Wei
>>

>>> On Jan 3, 2017, at 23:18, Charles Givre <cgivre@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> This sounds really interesting.  Will you be submitting a PR to integrate this
into the main Drill codebase?
>>> — C

on fast analyse, both for massive static(historical) data and rapidly ingesting realtime data.
IndexR is designed for OLAP.

ago and now has been deployed to several productions in our company. The whole cluster consumes
over 30 billions events each day in realtime from Kafka. The largest table contains over 10
billions rows (after rollup) and rapidly increasing. Most of the statistic/analyze queries’
latency is less than 3 seconds in real world production environment.