drill-user mailing list archives

From Paul Rogers <prog...@maprtech.com>
Subject Re: while running long query drill stopped
Date Tue, 03 Jan 2017 22:17:53 GMT
Hi Sanjiv,

Drill should have written a log file. Does the log file contain an entry for the exception?
Perhaps post the first five or so lines from that log entry (the whole stack trace can be
pretty long.)

Was this a fatal exception from Drill or did the JVM itself die? (If the JVM dies, it often
prints a log file that tells you it was a JVM issue.)

The memory limit impact rather depends on the kind of query you ran. Different bits of Drill
have different memory demands. Please tell us a bit more about your query and the “shape”
of your data: number of columns, width of the larger columns, etc.

With that info we may be able to suggest settings to work around the issue.

- Paul