drill-user mailing list archives

From "Castiblanco, Jose" <ext-jose.castibla...@here.com>
Subject Execute Mongo functions through Drill
Date Mon, 30 Oct 2017 20:29:07 GMT
Hi, good afternoon.
We have a question regarding the MongoDB and Drill integration through the Mongo storage plugin;
we need to query and execute geospatial queries through Drill using the MongoDB geospatial
functions. That means we have data in Mongo and using Drill we need to call those Mongo functions.
For example, consider we have a zones collection in Mongo with zones information including
a geojson. Directly in Mongo we can execute the following query using the $geoIntersects Mongo
function (find the zones that intersects a specific Point) with successful results:

db.getCollection('zones').find({ geom: { $geoIntersects: { $geometry: { type: "Point", coordinates:
[ -73.93414657, 40.82302903 ] } } } })

The main question: Is it possible to execute mongo functions using Drill and how can we do
it?
Also, if we want to execute the same query described above but using Drill, is that possible?
And if it is, how can we do it?

Thanks for your help!

Jose Luis.