drill-user mailing list archives

From Daniel McQuillen <daniel.mcquil...@gmail.com>
Subject S3 with mixed files
Date Thu, 19 Oct 2017 02:15:55 GMT
Hi,

Attempting to use Apache Drill to parse Open edX tracking log files I have
stored on S3.

I've successfully set up an S3 connection and I can see my different
directories in the target S3 bucket when I type `show files;` in embedded
drill. Hooray!

However, I can't seem to do a query. I keep getting a "not found" error

SEVERE: org.apache.calcite.runtime.CalciteContextException: From line 1,
column 15 to line 1, column 20: Table 'ibios3.root.tracking/tracking.log'
not found

The "tracking" subdirectory has a most recent `tracking.log` file as well
as a bunch of  gzipped older files, e.g. `tracking-log-20170518-1234.gz`
... could this be confusing Drill? I've tried querying an individual file
(tracking.log) as well as the directory itself, but not luck.

Thanks for any thoughts!

- Daniel