drill-user mailing list archives

From PROJJWAL SAHA <proj.s...@gmail.com>
Subject How to verify predicate pushdown
Date Thu, 26 Oct 2017 12:33:53 GMT
Hello,

One question,
How to verify whether predicate pushdown is happening ?

I have one parquet file generated using CTAS command. I have executed
REFRESH METADATA.  I am firing a simple query with a WHERE clause. In the
physical plan for the scan operation, i see rowcount as total number of
rows in the data. Should this value gets lowered in case of predicate
pushdown ? Is is necessary to sort the predicate column for this to take
effect ? Any pointers ?

Regards,
Projjwal