drill-user mailing list archives

From Khurram Faraaz <kfar...@mapr.com>
Subject Re: Issue in executing query on Drill Cluster
Date Wed, 18 Oct 2017 06:48:12 GMT
Hi Chetan,

  1.  What are the permissions to the file /datalake/replicator/testdemo2 ?
  2.  Are you connecting as the same user to Drill in both cases, (i) in embedded mode, and
(ii) in the 4 node Drillbit cluster ?

Thanks,

Khurram

________________________________
From: Chetan Kothari <chetan.kothari@oracle.com>
Sent: Tuesday, October 17, 2017 9:43:42 PM
To: user@drill.apache.org
Subject: Issue in executing query on Drill Cluster

HI All

When I am firing following query against dataset present in alluxio from embedded-drill, it
is working normally.

select REQ_HIST_REQUISITION_NUMBER, CONVERT_FROM(REQ_HIST_CREATION_DATE,'UTF8') AS REQ_HIST_CREATION_DATE
, CONVERT_FROM(REQ_HIST_END_DATE,'UTF8') AS REQ_HIST_END_DATE, CONVERT_FROM(DEPT_NAME,'UTF8')
AS DEPT_NAME ,  CONVERT_FROM(MANAGER_FIRST_NAME,'UTF8') AS MANAGER_FIRST_NAME, CONVERT_FROM(MANAGER_LAST_NAME,'UTF8')
AS MANAGER_LAST_NAME,CONVERT_FROM(DEPT_LOCATION_NUMBER,'UTF8') AS DEPT_LOCATION_NUMBER, REQUISITION_APPROVED,
REQUISITION_FILLED,REQUISITION_CANCELLED,REQUISITION_ON_HOLD, REQUISITION_SOURCING,REQUISITION_PENDING,REQUISITION_DRAFTED,REQUISITION_DELETED,REQUISITION_REJECTED
 from chetanalluxio.`./datalake/replicator/testdemo2`

But same query when I execute from 4 Node Drill Cluster, it fails with following error.

Please note that I have not enabled parquet meta-data caching feature.

org.apache.drill.common.exceptions.UserRemoteException: VALIDATION ERROR: From line 1, column
599 to line 1, column 611: Table 'chetanalluxio../datalake/replicator/testdemo2' not found
SQL Query null [Error Id: 60f552bf-3cc1-4939-807e-827dffcab11c on bdcs4node-bdcsce-1.bddcs.oracleinternalden14.nimbula.oraclecorp.com:31010].

Also I am able to browse above file present in alluxio from Drill using show files in chetanalluxio.

I am not sure why this issue is coming, given that it is working normally if execute query
using embedded-drill.

Any inputs on this will be helpful.

Regards

Chetan