drill-user mailing list archives

From Francis McGregor-Macdonald <fran...@mc-mac.com>
Subject Fwd: Creating a Tableau extracts with Drill 1.12 uses unlimited memory
Date Fri, 26 Jan 2018 06:19:58 GMT
Hi all,

I am guessing that each of your EMR nodes are quite large? EMR nodes are:
r4.2xlarge ('vcpu': 8, 'memory': 61)

Property "planner.width.max_per_node" is set to = 6

What is the system memory and what are the allocations for heap and direct?
System Memory: 61GB (EMR nodes above)
drill_mem_heap: 12G
drill_mem_max: 48G

The view is simple: SELECT * FROM s3://myparquet.parquet (14GB)

planner.memory.max_query_memory_per_node = 10479720202

Drillbit.log attached (I think I have the correct selection included).

Thanks