drill-user mailing list archives

From "Uwe L. Korn" <uw...@xhochy.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSSION] current project state
Date Sun, 19 Aug 2018 08:48:59 GMT
Hello Arina

On Tue, Aug 14, 2018, at 4:08 PM, Arina Yelchiyeva wrote:
> 3. Drill vs Arrow is the topic I heard since I have started working with
> Drill. But so far nobody dared to tackle it. I would suspect Drill first
> would have to contribute changes in Arrow to be able to migrate which could
> be a show-stopper if Arrow community does not accept them.

What would the changes that need to go into Arrow to make it usable for Drill? I suspect that
many of them should also align with the Arrow project. Especially as the Java code of Arrow
started out from Drill's ValueVector code. If you already know some of the issues, it would
be really helpful to open tickets in the ARROW JIRA (feel free to add a drill label to them,
so one can search for them). Even if there is no plan to implement them currently, it definitely
helps us Arrow developers in visibility what users of the Arrow library need / prevent from
adoption.

Uwe