drill-user mailing list archives

From Paul Rogers <par0...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: RE: Error: DATA_READ ERROR: Error parsing JSON - Cannot read from the middle of a record
Date Tue, 28 Aug 2018 00:47:10 GMT

    On Monday, August 27, 2018, 5:38:32 PM PDT, Lee, David <David.Lee@blackrock.com>

{"var1": "f5o", "var2": "baz5"}

-----Original Message-----
From: scott [mailto:tcots8888@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, August 27, 2018 4:59 PM
To: user@drill.apache.org
Subject: Error: DATA_READ ERROR: Error parsing JSON - Cannot read from the middle of a record

[EXTERNAL EMAIL]

Hi All,
I'm getting an error querying some of my json files.
The error I'm getting is: Error: DATA_READ ERROR: Error parsing JSON - Cannot read from the
middle of a record. Current token was START_ARRAY

The json files are in array format, like [ { "var1": "foo", "var2":
"bar"},{"var1": "fo", "var2": "baz"}]

I found a ticket that indicates this format is not supported by Drill yet,
DRILL-1755 <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__jira.apache.org_jira_browse_DRILL-2D1755&d=DwIBaQ&c=zUO0BtkCe66yJvAZ4cAvZg&r=SpeiLeBTifecUrj1SErsTRw4nAqzMxT043sp_gndNeI&m=G0Hsj4vSq2tBbv1c1dW6zC3pOzA_kSuhlQoFvFKpdJo&s=Dh8nYVKoOA8nQ3XdDmauSethwq9x4ric2_MsYMcfDdc&e=>
, but I find it hard to believe there is no workaround or solution since this was reported
4 years back. Does anyone have a solution or workaround to this problem?

Thanks,
Scott

This message may contain information that is confidential or privileged. If you are not the
intended recipient, please advise the sender immediately and delete this message. See http://www.blackrock.com/corporate/en-us/compliance/email-disclaimers
for further information.  Please refer to http://www.blackrock.com/corporate/en-us/compliance/privacy-policy
for more information about BlackRock’s Privacy Policy.

For a list of BlackRock's office addresses worldwide, see http://www.blackrock.com/corporate/en-us/about-us/contacts-locations.

© 2018 BlackRock, Inc. All rights reserved.