drill-user mailing list archives

From Paul Rogers <par0...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: Love Drill - Hate Key Has String Token
Date Tue, 28 Aug 2018 07:10:23 GMT
Hi John,

Tried out Ted's suggestion. Works fine in Drill 1.13. Here is my "test2.json" file:

{ "$f1": "fred", "f$2": "wilma", "f3$": "barney" }

Then ran two queries:

SELECT * FROM `test2.json`;+-------+--------+---------+|  $f1  |  f$2   |   f3$   |+-------+--------+---------+|
fred  | wilma  | barney  |+-------+--------+---------+

SELECT `$f1`, `f$2`, `f3$` FROM `test2.json`;

So, the trick you are looking for is to use the back-tick quote for names. Back-ticks are
need to quote names that are SQL reserved words or that contain non-symbol characters. Notice
how the queries above also quote the file name to avoid issues.

The error you received, however, suggests that something is amiss with your JSON syntax. As
Ted suggested, can you show us a few example lines?

Thanks,
- Paul

    On Monday, August 27, 2018, 4:38:07 PM PDT, Ted Dunning <ted.dunning@gmail.com>