drill-user mailing list archives

From Arina Ielchiieva <ar...@apache.org>
Subject [DISCUSSION] current project state
Date Mon, 13 Aug 2018 12:41:53 GMT
Hi all,

as a new PMC Chair I would like to thank users for choosing and using
Apache Drill and contributors /  committers for making improvements and
fixes. Recently Apache Drill 1.14 was released bundled up with many
improvements and new features. Please feel free to try it out and share
your experience. As always we would love to hear your success stories of
using Apache Drill.

Also I encourage users to share any problems found in Drill, as well as any
suggestions for future improvements. Feel free to start discussion on the
mailing list and then file a Jira with the summary. Contributions are
always welcome: minor, major, doc improvements or grammar fixes. Just file
a Jira and open the PR. Do not hesitate to ping developers on the mailing
list if PR is not being timely reviewed.

Latest project reports show:
Apache Drill project has healthy release schedule, each release includes
lots of features.
Mailing list (user / dev) are getting substantial support from the active
developers, including Stackoverflow and Twitter.
New committers are added on the steady basis.

Overall project is growing and moving forward. There have been discussions
about Drill 2.0 last year and currently Drill metastore feature is under
active investigation which might the breaking change for 2.0.

Please feel free to reply to this email with your comments / concerns /
ideas about current project state.

Kind regards,
Arina