drill-user mailing list archives

From Arina Ielchiieva <ar...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Deprecation policy in Drill
Date Wed, 29 Aug 2018 09:40:25 GMT
Hi all,

thanks for your feedback. Looks like the majority here is considering Drill
options and tables as part of API.
Based on that when we deprecate any of such notions we should not remove
them to ease updates and not break backward compatibility.
Though when Drill will move to 2.0 (which is next major version, not ETA
yet) where API might be changed, deprecated notions should be considered to
be removed as well.
Does this sound reasonable?

Kind regards,
Arina