drill-user mailing list archives

From Arina Ielchiieva <ar...@apache.org>
Subject [DISCUSS] Deprecation policy in Drill
Date Mon, 27 Aug 2018 07:53:50 GMT
Hi all,

when it should be considered OK to remove deprecated  options / tables in
Drill?
Some projects mark some notion as deprecated in one release, and then
remove in the next.
Will this policy be ok in Drill?

Here are two latest examples:

1. store.hive.optimize_scan_with_native_readers was introduced for parquet
tables, when native readers support was added for other table type, we had
to come up with better option naming to distinguish between table
types: store.hive.parquet.optimize_scan_with_native_reader and
store.hive.maprdb_json.optimize_scan_with_native_reader.
store.hive.optimize_scan_with_native_readers was deprecated in 1.14 and is
planned to be removed in 1.15.

2. We plan to swap sys.options and sys.options_val tables, then depracte
sys.options_val table in 1.15 and completely remove it in 1.16.

Any thoughts?

Kind regards,
Arina