drill-user mailing list archives

From scott <tcots8...@gmail.com>
Subject Error: DATA_READ ERROR: Error parsing JSON - Cannot read from the middle of a record
Date Mon, 27 Aug 2018 23:58:34 GMT
Hi All,
I'm getting an error querying some of my json files.
The error I'm getting is: Error: DATA_READ ERROR: Error parsing JSON -
Cannot read from the middle of a record. Current token was START_ARRAY

The json files are in array format, like [ { "var1": "foo", "var2":
"bar"},{"var1": "fo", "var2": "baz"}]

I found a ticket that indicates this format is not supported by Drill yet,
DRILL-1755 <https://jira.apache.org/jira/browse/DRILL-1755> , but I find it
hard to believe there is no workaround or solution since this was reported
4 years back. Does anyone have a solution or workaround to this problem?

Thanks,
Scott