drill-user mailing list archives

From salim achouche <sachouc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Deprecation policy in Drill
Date Mon, 27 Aug 2018 16:42:02 GMT
Drill is a SQL engine, which means the SQL syntax and associated options
(runtime configuration and session properties) constitute its user facing
APIs (if I may say). When we talk about deprecating and then removing
documented session / configuration properties within the same release, then
what does the versioning scheme mean? are we suggesting that:
- Options are not part of the main Drill APIs?
- It is ok to deprecate and then rename such properties (not remove)?
- It is ok to deprecate and then remove existing properties as long as
there is no change in behavior?