drill-user mailing list archives

From John Folkers <john.folk...@bethesda.net>
Subject Love Drill - Hate Key Has String Token
Date Mon, 27 Aug 2018 19:47:20 GMT
Hello, I downloaded Drill over the weekend, and I love it.

Problem: $ string token in a key.

Question: How can I get Drill to not trip on the $ string token when it sees it inside the
keyname?

Error Message
Error: DATA_READ ERROR: Failure while reading ExtendedJSON typed value. Expected a VALUE_NUMBER_INT
but received a token of type VALUE_STRING

Solution is to remove $ string token from key
sed -i 's/\$key/key/g' <file>

Once I do the above, Drill can now query it.  I have no control over source.  I have TBs of
this streaming NDJSON I'd love to sort through with Drill.  I can do this if I can solve this.
 Please help.

Thanks,
John