drill-user mailing list archives

From "丁乔毅(智乔)" <qiaoyi.din...@alibaba-inc.com>
Subject Is Drill query execution processing model just the same idea with the Spark whole-stage codegen improvement
Date Fri, 03 Aug 2018 07:03:41 GMT

Hi, all.

I'm very new to Apache Drill.

I'm quite interest in Drill query execution's implementation.
After a little bit of source code reading, I found it is built on a processing model quite
like a data-centric pushed-based style, which is very similar with the idea behind the Spark
whole-stage codegen improvement(jira ticket https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-12795)

And I wonder is there any detailed documentation about this? What's the consideration behind
of our design in the Drill project. : )

Regards,
Qiaoyi